PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Synergy help!

joshreid
April 29th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I've downloaded Synergy on both my Windows PC, and my copy of Ubuntu.

NOTE: I am running synergy on WINE on the Ubuntu PC.
I am a linux noob, and don't know how to install it on the actual OS.

anyway.

I set up the links and everything correctly.

When I run a test, it connects to BOTH screens.
when I move my mouse to the left of my windows screen on to my ubuntu screen, the test file says leaving screen, and on my ubuntu test it says I have entered that screen, but still the mouse does not move, or the keyboard does not work.

my theory is that it doesnt work in WINE, but why wouldn't it?

if that's the reason i request a step by step, on how to install synergy on ubuntu.

IT WILL NEED TO BE VERY EXPLANATORY, I JUST FOUND THE TERMINAL TODAY AND STILL DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

it would be awesome if I could just run it through wine though.

THANK YOU, I love ubuntu I just want synergy to work and my life will be complete!

brevalan
April 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I had a similar problem on my Linux machine. I have 2 windows PCs and the one Ubuntu 9.04 PC. I could not get Synergy to work on Vine but found quick Synergy at http://quicksynergy.sourceforge.net/ . I loaded this and now all is well.

Hope you come right

Brevalan

joshreid
April 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Haha! thank you very much, I am actually at work at the moment but i've installed quick synergy and it seems VERY easy to use.

I just have a question.
I have Synergy installed and quick synergy using synaptics, will I have to activate it or configure it anyway in the terminal or will I be able to just set up the left and right and away I go?

joshreid
April 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
nvm runs perfectly THANK YOU VERY MUCH!