PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Dr.Vista
April 28th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I've recently installed Ubuntu because in 9.04 they included support for my wireless driver! Expect to see me comment more often in these forums.

ninjapirate89
Welcome to the community! :)

Vitamin-Carrot
Howdy and welcome

I-75
April 28th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I've recently installed Ubuntu because in 9.04 they included support for my wireless driver! Expect to see me comment more often in these forums.

What laptop are your using?

Dr.Vista
April 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM
What laptop are your using?
HP Pavilion dv6768 Special Edition.

=^,^=
April 28th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Hi! ^,^

Carl Hamlin
April 28th, 2009, 11:03 PM

YAY!

See you on the forums, then.

Keithhed
April 28th, 2009, 11:04 PM
welcome!

dragos240
April 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome to our forums! Please consider creating a new account so anti-microsoft people won't bash you for having Dr.Vista as a name! Watch out for phycocats!

Sealbhach
April 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Hi. Welcome to the free world. :guitar:

ninjapirate89
April 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Welcome to our forums! Please consider creating a new account so anti-microsoft people won't bash you for having Dr.Vista as a name! Watch out for phycocats!

I didn't think we were allowed to have multiple accounts. Am I mistaken?

dragos240
April 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Yes. That is fine. I saw a quote recently from a staff member that said "We will not change your username. But you can make another account and ask us to disable the other one" or something like that.

ninjapirate89
April 28th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Yes. That is fine. I saw a quote recently from a staff member that said "We will not change your username. But you can make another account and ask us to disable the other one" or something like that.

Found!

Can I change my username?

No. Usernames can not be changed - dashes can not be added, lowercase cannot be made uppercase, etc. However, you may choose to create a new account and then request that we disable the original one. The only exceptions to this are extreme cases, such as when a user has been harassed by another user or when the username contains the member's email address or real name.

Note: If you do make a new account, you will have to transfer all information yourself, as we will not do this for you. Also, we can't transfer your statistics (beans, account age and the like) to the new account.

Will you delete my account for me?

We are sorry to say that account deletions are no longer possible. If you wish for your account to become inactive we recommend you contact an administrator who can remove your email address from the account and change the password to make the account permanently inaccessible. Account deletions that have occurred in the past have made all of those users' posts belong to "unknown" and have made it impossible to track issues. There will be no exceptions to this policy.

They just won't delete your old account.

dragos240
April 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yep, they won't, but they used too, now they will just disable it.

pwnst*r
April 29th, 2009, 12:10 AM
keep your current account. don't worry about what others say about your username.

scottuss
April 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah don't worry about what people think, your name is ironic!

I-75
April 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM

Keep the name, it gives the impression that you are a former Vista user who converted to Linux...and that is a good thing...

sunchaya
April 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
good evening...O:)I'm new in town O:)

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, I really wish to change my username. It's kind of old considering Windows 7 is much newer than Vista. :/

I-75
April 29th, 2009, 12:45 AM

Welcome to the forum and to the community.

dragos240
April 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM

Please enjoy the forums!!! And watch out for phycocats.