PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11b/g/Draft-N - may I have problems?

gtosco
April 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi guys!
I have just bought an Acer Aspire 5735z laptop provided with an Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11b/g/Draft-N wireless card. I would like to wipe out Vista as soon as possible and to install Kubuntu Jaunty. I wondered whether I may encounter some problems with this card. What do you suggest to me about it? Thanks in advance.

ktechman
April 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Follow the instructions to dual boot Window and Linux also try and get your hands on an "Vista Anytime Upgrade" disc back up activation and google dual boot vista ubuntu, Use whatever distro works with your card if Jaunty doesn't work try Intrepid then Hardy. But for heavens sake stop using Windows as soon as possible:lolflag:

Cheers Ktechman

gtosco
April 29th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you Ktechman. I would like to ask someone who has got this wireless card if it works fine in Ubuntu Jaunty, and if he had some problems to get this card work. Thanks in advance.

Necrocide
May 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I suspect you have one of the Ar928x wireless chips as my acer is labeled up the same way with that chip. check out this link http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=874097. then also the backports here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/LinuxWireless under the compat-wireless. It is possible but quite challenging I wish you luck if you do need any more info ask away. Someone can always help.

graziesantos
May 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
someone could help me to find this? Acer InviLink Nplify 2, 3, 802.11b/g/Draft-N

thanx

SaintHairBall
July 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Did you ever get this resolved? I have been running around in circles trying to get this thing up. I HAD it going using ndiswrapper but after a reinstall I can't figure out how I did it.

saggitheman
March 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I have Acer Aspire 5732Z with 4gb ram upgrade and Ubuntu Karmic installed;-) everything works out of box except the screen brightness button, and the wireless sometimes suddenly disconnects. It works after a reboot again, and it often connect again after it has disconnected.

This is very very like computers so should be the same;-)

km0r3
April 17th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I have Acer Aspire 5732Z with 4gb ram upgrade and Ubuntu Karmic installed;-) everything works out of box except the screen brightness button, and the wireless sometimes suddenly disconnects. It works after a reboot again, and it often connect again after it has disconnected.

This is very very like computers so should be the same;-)

This motivates me going for Lucid as I have the same configuration, only 2GB RAM. Thanks :).