PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jaunty - ATI 2400 problems

jaborto
April 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Hi guys.

I've tried in so many ways but it's still problematic.

The Envy installed the Ati driver but the computer crashes at the X starting.

The screen shut's down (itīs not a black screen) and restart de laptop is the only way to get out.

Some one can say something about that?

P.S.: I'm sorry about my english ;)

Mr K
May 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I have similar problem. In jaunty my envy build up xorg doesn't work anymore and when I try to reinstall the nvidia driver with envy, the program (envy crashes)..:confused:

drubin
May 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Is this running Jaunty 64bit or 32bit?

I have the same/similar issue under 64bit. (I think there might be an issue with the proprietary drivers for ATI 64bit.

If you can confirm I will be able to know it isn't just me and will file a launchpad bug report with it

Alejandro Pastrana
May 13th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hi.

I have the same issue with Ubuntu Jaunty 64 bit. Computer crashed after installing ATi driver via Envy.

drubin
May 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1155905

This is what I did, it works perfectly but I don't have compiz but others doo with slightly different cards. (btw I am running a 2600)

fnn.pgk
July 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM
yup , mine too . I have the same problem . I don't know that if it is from xorg.conf or the packages I installed for it to get graphic card work I installed these packages :

xorg-driver-fglrx
fglrx-kernel-source
dkms

now I have no display at start up i am using 32 bit one on Asus F3Sr laptop with ATI Radeon Mobility HD 2400 vendor id : 94c9

any idea hot to recover my graphic ?
and installing my graphic card ?

also there is something else
when I try the code below at terminal , the answer was "yes"
but I can't see my graphic card at hardware drivers
is this ubuntu internal bug ? I didn't have this problem with older versions

glxinfo | grep direct

also I tried this code

glxgears -info
and the answer was

unknown chip id 0x94c9, can't guess.

GL_RENDERER = Software Rasterizer

GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa 7.4

GL_VENDOR = Mesa Project

any idea or suggestion ???
it seems that ati hd 2400 is the worst graphic card for linux base OS I had same problem at redhate enterprise 5 and fedora 9

cryemoxkidcry
July 10th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I'm having the same problems, but I don't have the same card. I think it's just something with ATI stuff.. Same thing happened to me with 32bit Jaunty.