PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Advent 4213 on Board HSDPA Drivers

mrkevtuck
April 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hi

I have just taken ownership of a new Advent 4213 Netbook.
I have already wiped off XP and downloaded and installed the latest desktop version of Ubuntu 9.04.
Almost 98% of the hardware is working immediately post install.

One thing I really wanted to work is the on-board 3G modem with my UK 3 Mobile 3G Sim card.
This was the only thing swaying me to keep it XP - even though I run mostly Mac OSX, CentOS or Ubuntu on Everything else I have, home/office/datacenter :)

Has anyone managed to get this on board device working and if so, could they offer some instructions or words of wisdom???

Cheers
Kev

anaz86
April 27th, 2009, 01:37 AM
hi. i'm one of new advent 4213 user as well, and i also use the onboard HSDPA. I think you need to make sure you turn on the built-in HSDPA by pressing fn+F2 together and the wireless led turned on. please note that the HSDPA & WiFi use the same led. personally I turned off the Wifi & HSPDA until the led is off & turn back on the HSDPA so that i can make sure that the HSDPA is on. Ubuntu will automatically recognise the HSDPA & will connect to the appropriate operator (Orange, Vodafone, 3, etc) automatically. I'm using Orange mobile broadband though, so i'm not sure about 3 mobile broadband whether they allow us to use the built-in HSDPA or not.
Gud luck

(sorry for my teribble English)

Johnsie
April 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Did wi-fi work out of the box for you guys? I have a flash drive with Ibex on it but wi-fi doesnt work. Does Jaunty now support the wifi?