PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] playlist.com player (on blogspot) doesn't work

eeeek
April 25th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I have a few friends with good playlists on their blog on blogspot - I think it's a playlist.com player.

I can't get this playlist.com player to work. I have flash working with no problems on many other sites. The player is blank on the blog where it should show up. I have NoScript installed and I've allowed everything I can from the playlist.com website. I also tried going directly to playlist.com and I can't play anything there, either.

Anyone run into this problem and/or have any ideas?

eeeek
April 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Yes, there in the back?

sydbat
April 27th, 2009, 03:00 PM
A bit more info would probably help.

What version of Ubuntu are you using? Is it 32 or 64 bit? Which flash do you have installed? Have you tried disabling no-script?

I took a quick look at playlist.com and had no problem accessing content.

eeeek
April 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 8.04, 64-bit and I don't know what version of flash. It came from the repo about 3 months or so ago. Like I mentioned, I did enable all the scripts for NoScript. Also, like I said - flash works on other sites for me - Hulu,PBS etc.

(I'm not at that computer right now, so I'm going off what I remember.)

When on the friend's blog, the box and the text around the music player show up but the box itself is blank. The pages says its done loading. I tried more than one different blog with the same result.

When I tried it directly from the playlist.com website, I'd click on the play button and nothing happened. No error message, no blips, no nothing.

So if you tried it with no problems, then there shouldn't be a categorical problem with this issue, right?

sydbat
April 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I also installed the 64bit Flash from their site (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html) and have had no flash problems since. This might help your problems too.

eeeek
April 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try tonight.

loweehahn
June 5th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I had the same problem as yours too eeeek. So did it work?