PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] looking for a master

hungryOrb
April 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
hi,
I just wonder if a guru would accept me as their student, and we can exchange contact information, and the master can teach the student when he errs. It's worth asking I think.. even if, small chance =D
peace
snail

jimmy the saint
April 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Can't help you there, it sounds like you want free paid tech support.

The title sounds a lot like a craigslist personal ad

smacattack
April 25th, 2009, 12:40 AM
hi,
I just wonder if a guru would accept me as their student, and we can exchange contact information, and the master can teach the student when he errs. It's worth asking I think.. even if, small chance =D
peace
snail

you must learn to mind your surroundings

inobe
April 25th, 2009, 12:45 AM
you won't find any masters, maybe someone that has a little more experience than another however that person may be a master at networking but incapable of editing sources list without some sort of guide :lol:

that's what this user community is about, all of us together are masters ;)

Monotoko
April 25th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Just do what i do, read posts, read suggestions, pick up tips, and in no time, youl be helping someone who has a problem that you may have seen someone else solve, and know certain diagnostic commands to get the person to do if you know which area its in, but arnt quite sure of the solution

tommynz1975
April 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM
if you read through all the threads .. yes all. You will soon see that peoples issues are quite common, a regular thing. Your teacher/master is the threads..... Then Please put together your white papers (database on howto fix stuff) Your knowledge will then increase and You then will become a teacher as you learn.... Welcome to Linux. Your 1St post here may have come across wrong, this is why you got a sharp answer.....

Mortus Pryde
April 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Or at the very least you can leverage you newbieness like I do to let those that are new know they are not alone and they are in a friendly place.

hungryOrb
April 25th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Can't help you there, it sounds like you want free paid tech support.

The title sounds a lot like a craigslist personal ad

Nah.. that's not it. It's not help with problems, just help with understanding. I want to give back to the community, but find it hard to pickup up consistent information regarding an element of ubu. And making a knowledge composite from many sources is not easy for my snail brain.
I find that when I know a subject well, I feel free, and can create without much limitation, just thought it worth asking.. ^.^

inobe
April 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM
post what you are not understanding and one of us can translate it making it less complicated.

spiderbatdad
April 25th, 2009, 01:00 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Padawan

presence1960
April 25th, 2009, 01:05 AM
hi,
peace
snail

we all are teachers and students simultaneously. You probably know something I do not and vice versa. Don't make too much of a simple matter. The forum is here use it. The collective knowledge of each of the individual members is greater than the whole. No easy way out for you! You will get out of this exactly what you put into it. Thus you will become more experienced.

crjackson
April 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Padawan

This seems to be EXACTLY what the OP is looking for.

tommynz1975
April 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM
last month their was a thread along the lines of "how do you all know everythng"

I tried a search but no luck due to common words being ignored. a google search didn't find this thread, if you posted on it or know the location please please post here as I am sure it could be helpful to the 1st poster and others.....

hungryOrb
April 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Thankyou for all the replies :D
Even if most were predictable, and strayed from the brief :]

I'm going to check out the beginner's team :D
Thanks again =)

NightwishFan
April 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I will teach you in the ways of the force, but the ways of Linux are reserved for other masters.

May the force be with you.

May Linus be with you.