PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lenovo X61

AnthonyX61
April 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Hello, I have a lenovo x61 (non tablet version).. specs 4g ram, 1.8 duo intel. was wondering if u guys could tell me which version of ubutnu runs best on my machine.. and if possible a list of drivers to re install

Shwan.c
April 26th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hello, I have a lenovo x61 (non tablet version).. specs 4g ram, 1.8 duo intel. was wondering if u guys could tell me which version of ubutnu runs best on my machine.. and if possible a list of drivers to re install

Intrepid , and jaunty , jaunty have a bug today with Intel graphics so no compiz there now but it will be there soon on the first update.

MiRaCL
April 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Jaunty works fine. The intel graphics issue is solved by following this.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReinhardTartler/X/RevertingIntelDriverTo2.4

9.04 will work great on your laptop. The only thing you'll have to fix is the scroll button for the trackpoint mouse.

Im using 9.04 on my x60s and it works great.

jdos2
April 26th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I upgraded my tablet X61 and found...

Everything pretty much works- they finally got the ThinkVantage mapped to something X can see (so I don't need to do it myself in rc.local anymore).

Otherwise, since I'm on the tablet I can't use Compiz (rotation freezes Compiz) but my rotation scripts didn't get touched by the upgrade, so everything continues to work. Didn't play with my xorg.conf either, so tablet still works.

Only thing I'm disliking is Amarok 2 and its complete inability to act in a way compatible with what I want to do, but that's not a driver question.