PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jaunty wqith Thunderbird and LIghtning

Oscar_Islix
April 24th, 2009, 07:28 PM
HI! I've just upgraded to Jaunty and all seems fine (minor problems with Firefoc but all OK now). But I have a major problem with Thunderbird. It seems to have totally lost my Lightning extension. Says it is still there but I can't add a new event or task and it's lost all my existing calendars. Can anyone help me please? I'm pretty much a novice with Ubuntu so please keep the suggestions as easy as possible.

Many thanks

empty_spaces
April 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Just to be sure, you upgraded from 8.10 using the upgrade command and not a fresh install, right?
Was Lightning the only extension that you had? If you had others, are they working correctly?
The one thing that I can think of that might prevent Thunderbird from accessing your Lightning extension is if somehow the folder permissions may have got messed up. You can check that by going to home/your-username/.mozilla-thunderbird and check the properties on the extensions folder to see if you are the owner

Oscar_Islix
April 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks - just checked permissions and I seem to be the owner of the folder. All the other extensions work fine. I have even tried uninstalling Lightning and reinstalling it but still nothing. Really weird because it looks as though its fine but just nothing there. If that makes any sense.

Oscar_Islix
April 25th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Just discovered Bug#278853 - known problem.

libstdc++5 solves the problem on 9.04 and after reinstall lightning

Thanks everyone

rusyear04
April 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
question anwered :)

i did install libstdc++6 parallel to 5 and now lightning seems to work. will try the synch-install as well.
if i experience problems i will report them :)

=====================

libstdc++5 solves the problem on 9.04 and after reinstall lightning

do you have to install libstdc++5 in parallel to libstdc++6 or instead of 6??

thanx!