PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] control key stop working - keyboard problem - ubuntu 9.04

costamatrix
April 24th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Hi every one...i just got my Ubuntu 9.04 installed...

i installed over my 8.10 Ubuntu (that was working perfecly)...and now, my control keys (both of them) are not working....i cant use control+c control+v even control+f on firefox....

but the strange thing is that in the compiz cube control+alt+left continue to work ok....

i already tried to change keyboard layouts, without success...

i have a hp pavillion notebook model dv2000

the keyboard layout is USA.....

any help?

costamatrix
April 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM
i just did a test...in compiz manager, i used a keybinding test and pres ctrl+c...and it works...the system can understand the control key ....

but still control+c control+v control+t does not work in any program....

any ideas?

costamatrix
April 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
hi folks...the problem was solved... i just selected another keyboard layout and then restart ubuntu, and the select the right keyboard layout and booted again...then the problem was gone....

leonardo6023
September 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
can you tell me exactly what settings did you use for the keyboard layout
I am facing the same problem you were.

DottorBartolo
August 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I have had a similar problem (the right crtl key didn't work) and I solved it by going to:
System > PReferences> Keyboard
Then, in the layout tab, I set the keyboard model of my laptop, but that wasn't enough. In layout options, I clicked on "compose key position": the "right ctrl" box was checked, for some reason. Well, unchecking it solved the problem!