PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Manager Issues

MikesGuitar
April 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Today I tried to update my 8.04 Ubuntu to 8.10, with the hope of then upgrading to 9.04, all through the Update Manager. 'update-manager -d' was what I input into the run app prompt, and it opened up fine with the 8.10 dist right there. I clicked on it to see how long it would take and realized I did not have enough battery life to make it, so I canceled. NOTHING WAS INSTALLING YET. The next time I tried when I had AC power the update manager said my system was up to date, so I hit refresh. Now it when it began to download the info it always stops when it reaches 20 of 29, or something similar. When I look at the details, several things have failed. This is also happening in my add/remove programs. My AIM is MikeS898, I really need some help to fix this, so either post here or feel free to IM me. Thanks

michy99
April 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
The Ubuntu servers are clogged with people upgrading and updating. Unfortunately, the best bet may be to wait a day or so. I am unable to install anything through synaptic at the moment. Maybe the traffic will die down later on today.

MikesGuitar
April 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Thats true, I never even thought of that. I do have an ISO disc tho just sitting here......... Is there any advantages or disadvantages to installing with an the ISO?