PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] IGP Radeon 340M - 7000 Series

Flasimbufasa
April 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Alright so I have an IGP Radeon 340m Graphics card.

The design is the same as the 7000-8000 Series [in the way it reads information,]

So in windows i made the driver perform as the 7000, however, i can not seem to figure out how to do the same thing in Ubuntu.

http://www.driverheaven.net/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/96497-epic-legacy-radeon-igp-320m-340m-345m-related-chips-out-there.html

This site contains all the **** I had to read in order to do this

Steps for windows were:

Uninstall driver, download latest AGP Gart [or somethin like that] Install catalyst [6.4 i think] download some catalyst modification executable, use it on catalyst 10.[somethin] and install it.

I can not comprehend how to do this, Any advice?

Flasimbufasa
April 25th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Come on people....

Surely with how epic Linux is, there is some way I could do this...

Anyone?

Flasimbufasa
May 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
I am guessing that there is no way to do this,

Thanks for not responding.

overdrank
May 3rd, 2009, 12:09 AM
I am guessing that there is no way to do this,

Thanks for not responding.

Hi and ATI has dropped support for that older graphics card. I have a similar ati chipset in my laptop and the drivers are included in the Ubuntu install.

Flasimbufasa
May 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I have no drivers at all- nothing is configured in the x.org, nothing shows up in the Hardware drivers menu.

Did I miss something?
Every time I attempt to install a package from synapic package manager, I have to restore ubuntu because I can not log in after restarting. I get a weired screen after ubuntu loads, and it is only static, some weired characters, and a big green box, in no specific place. The screen turns off and on for a little bit of time, then just stays on the screen.