PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless network shuts off

Maxx92
April 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
I have an annoying problem that reminds me of when my work computer was set up to require re-authorization of the wireless network every 3 minutes. When I turn on, I get access to my wireless network (DSL into a Linksys Wireless G router). After I start browsing, The wireless shuts off, requests my passphrase and never turns back on. There is no way in ubuntu that I can find to fix this. Any thoughts?

Muchas Gracias!!!!

Follow on: There are 4 computers currently on the network. The 3 other computers run windows and log on autmatically. This is the only computer with the issue and the only computer running linux. That's why I thought it might have something to do with the setting. I'm accessing the routher with a Dell wireless 1450 wireless USB adaptor (Wireless 1450 Wireless USB adaptor? Sounds like the 5 d's of Dodgeball....... )

LowSky
April 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
check your router settings, that shouldnt just happen

decoherence
April 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
can you test whether the same thing happens with another computer?

also, if you do have more than one computer connecting to the router, are you by any chance using a combination of static and DHCP assigned addresses? (if you don't know what i mean, the answer is probably 'no')

are there other people using the wireless router?

Maxx92
April 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
can you test whether the same thing happens with another computer?

also, if you do have more than one computer connecting to the router, are you by any chance using a combination of static and DHCP assigned addresses? (if you don't know what i mean, the answer is probably 'no')

are there other people using the wireless router?
There are 4 computers attached. The other 3 run windows and have no issue getting on. This is the only computer running Linux. I'm using a Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB adaptor on it. I'm ok if i run a hard wire from my laptop to the Linksys, but the wireless shuts down the moment I start accessing the web. I tried to install my Belkin Wireless G card, but haven't been able to.

Thanks,