PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Will it work?

natman
April 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I have a vista laptop and just burned a copy of Kubuntu and tried it out. When it boots up after the scrolling blue bar the screen flashs a few times some codes appears, then i see a flash of the Toshiba logo the a message that sudo is used to log in as root with a promt then Kubuntu starts up. Seems ok then ( wireless wont connect ) when i go to shut down i get a box with ubuntu ttyl login and i click ok then it shuts down.
My question is will it behave like this if i install it?

LowSky
April 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
most likely no*
wireless will need the driver,but that might be easy to fix

*not responsible for any issue you may encounter.

natman
April 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
As weird as it may sound wireless is the easy part, i see my network just the manger wont connect, others have same issue think all i need is wcid network manger and it will work. Anyway im more worried about all the crap at start up and shut down.

natman
April 24th, 2009, 09:36 AM
bump*

Peter09
April 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
The Toshiba logo comes from your Bios not Ubuntu, the rest - well that may or may not appear, but its not an issue, only the start up process at work. What version of Ubuntu are you installing, make sure its the latest.

natman
April 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I know the toshiba logo is from the bios, its just that it there at the very start ( normal ) then after the Kubuntu bar moves along it flashes up again ( never seen that before it doesnt happen with the ubuntu live cd either ) Also its the 904 cd