PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] istall XP

im_headhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
hello i got this problem, i can not install , drivers, new ubutu 9.4, cant install anything.. not even my orginal windows XP cd.... i think it's because i dont have drivers installed.... an other problem is it dont even want to install linux drivers... i just get an error (null) anyone who know what this is ? computer: cq 70 120eo sorry my english

RedSingularity
April 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
What happens when you boot from the windows CD?

im_headhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 06:03 PM
i put it in the computer, restart, bootmenu, i chose the cd, it begin to install, i get an error, the system has been shutdown to prewent damage to your system.....

RedSingularity
April 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Try to reformat the Hard Drive.

Bölvağur
April 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
impossible to know what is wrong with this little information, here are my guesses:

cd:
possibilities:
#1 : cd drive is broken
#2 : cd is corrupted
#3 : you burned 64 bit version and trying to install on 32bit computer

solutions:
#1 : connect a working cd drive to the computer
#2 : download again, make sure the sumcheck is the same as it should for the iso, burn at low speed (2x→4x), also make sure check sum works for the cd compared to the .iso
#3 : download and burn 32 bit version

What drivers are you trying to install, and how?
You generally only need drivers for ati and nividia graphical cards which are automatically installed for you. But can also be installed with the binary files from their wabesites and semi automaticly via Envy.

im_headhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
how to do it ? i know a lot about vista but it sucks.....

im_headhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
allright now i got some options... can you send me i link?

RedSingularity
April 23rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
A link for what? Reformatting?

Just insert the ubuntu live CD and choose "try ubuntu without any changes".

Once you get in go to system>admin>partition editor.

If you want to install windows format to NTFS

If you want linux format to ext3.

lisati
April 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
I'm wondering if the recovery disk has some kind of expectation about what's on your system:
One problem I once encountered using the Recovery DVD provided with one laptop (a custom one provided by the manufacturer, not an "original" MS disk or one I had made myself) was that it expected the volume label on CD to match what it was when I got the machine.

im_headhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
it want regonise the ubuti 8.10 live cd... i'll try to contact microsoft tomorrow... thanx a lot guys for trying to help me with this....:P