PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Best Netbook Out

DevinMcElheran
April 23rd, 2009, 02:10 AM
I was wondering which netbook is the best out in terms of price : quality. I know about the Dells out, I've been looking at the Inspiron 12. But I'd like to know if there's anything better out. I found a Toshiba (M800-OCK Portege) and it was really nice. It had an HD screen, 2.0 ghz, 3 gb ddr2 and so on. It was decently priced and everything. But I googled it, and it seems that it that they're aren't proper drivers for linux. It doesn't recognize the screen and boots into CLI. So any suggestion would be cool. I'm looking in the $500-$850 area, give or take. Thanks for any suggestions.

westladog
April 23rd, 2009, 03:44 AM
It depends. How much do you want to spend?
A lenovo ideapad s10 is nice.
But why would you want a netbook that can't display full screen video?

wait for the the new intel atom with the new chipset that can do full HD

DevinMcElheran
April 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
When is this chipset supposed to come out? I was looking at the inspiron 12 because of it's amazing battery life and so on, but I'm second guessing whether to get it or not, I don't even know how long it'll take to ship it. One of the reasons I want a Dell though is the out-of-the-box-ness of it. I saw the lenovo, and again, it's linux compatibility and somewhat screen size and ratio that I'm worried about. How are the s10's?

Godly
April 23rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
it depends. How much do you want to spend?

Wait for the the new intel atom with the new chipset that can do full hd

$500- $800

Bateluer
April 23rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
The Dell Mini 10 has a 720p screen option over the 1024x600 'standard', but it still has the anemic Intel IGP.

There's also an Asus model that comes with an Nvidia IGP in addition to the Intel IGP, giving it more graphics capabilities and HD playback ability. Again, it costs more money though.

DevinMcElheran
April 26th, 2009, 03:16 AM
How much is this asus model? And what's it called? Thanks for all the help.

jsravn
April 26th, 2009, 04:24 AM
It depends. How much do you want to spend?

wait for the the new intel atom with the new chipset that can do full HD

Uhh why do you think it can't do full screen? I never had a problem.

Also, I don't get the hype for 1080p/720p on a netbook with a resolution of 1024x600.