PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display problem with jaunty

mod-jkl
April 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hi,

I just upgraded from intrepid to jaunty and found the following problem:

- in thunderbird, a double click on a message open a new window that have the focus
- then, I go back to thunderbird, double click on another message: this message appears on the "message window" but the focus doesn't go on this window (it stays on thenderbird main window)

Any idea of what is wrong ?

Thanks for any help

mod-jkl
April 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Nobody had the same problem ?

blackened
April 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Is it only Thunderbird? I often have this problem with Nautilus, but it hasn't yet bothered me enough to seek a solution.

mod-jkl
April 30th, 2009, 06:35 PM
In that case, the message window come on top but without the focus (which is maybe different to what you describe where the window stays on background ?).

For me, it isn't that annoying but I set up an ubuntu pc for my mother who is not very familiar with pcs and this kind of problem ca be very annoying (this pc is still with intrepid for that reason. To solve the bug you are probably talking about with nautilus or firefox, I used gnome/openbox instead of gnome)

blackened
April 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM
You're right, it is a different behavior. My Nautilus windows open out of focus and behind regular windows. It's probably some Compiz setting that I played with once upon a time.