PDA

View Full Version : Flash card reader not being detected?

cfogelberg
April 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm running the Jaunty beta which I've kept up to date with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (but not apt-get dist-upgrade, should I be doing that as well?).

My laptop is a Dell XPS M1330, dual booting Jaunty and Vista.

I have some photos to transfer from my XD card, and I just tried putting it into the built in card reader in Ubuntu, and it was not detected. No messages appeared in dmesg, and after reading the old bug report described here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udev/+bug/27752) I also tried rebooting the computer with the card already plugged in. However it did not work in either case.

On the other hand, when I booted the computer into Vista with the card plugged in then it was immediately visible.

Is this a problem with Jaunty (possible) or me and what I'm doing (more likely!)?

Christo

Bearded-flower
April 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
La-te-da look here at mr bigedy city with his smancy XD card reader wats that? sd aint good eough for you!!!
sorry, that was really unecisary.
sorry i cant help

cfogelberg
April 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
La-te-da look here at mr bigedy city with his smancy XD card reader wats that? sd aint good eough for you!!!
sorry, that was really unecisary.
sorry i cant help

Hehe, indeed. Oh for a camera that took normal cards, but silly Fuji and their silly XD format...

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very appreciative! :)
xto