PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Having Problems with INTEL Express 910GL in Ubuntu 8

mattcantgetsome
April 21st, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hey all, I've ruined my entire weekend with this project and I wondered if I could get a little help...

I recently installed Kubuntu 8, and I've been having some minor problems with my graphics card. The official name Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller. I believe it's just called the Intel 910GL for short.

Anyway, I've been trying to run some games (SuperTux, LinCity, various emulators) and everytime I start up a game it runs fine for a bit, then the colors go all spastic (as if it was in 256 colors) making the graphics unintelligible, and after a few seconds the program shuts down completely without warning. I've tried adding repo's to Synaptic PM and installing every possible package that would help with the Intel drivers, but nothing is working. After I installed them via Synaptic, I wasn't sure if there was anything else I had to do after that (such as configuration) so I just left it at the defaults.

Well, I'm at my wit's end... apparently Intel video cards are notorious for being hard to pin down. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. I'm running an i386 Dell with the pentium 4 HT and onboard video.

Cheers,

Matt