View Full Version : [ubuntu] updating 9.04 release candidate from 8.10 not shown on update manager

April 20th, 2009, 07:17 PM
im trying to update the to update my 8.10 to the release candidate, and the instructions said to open the update manager and check for updates, but it does not show the upgrade to 9.04. do i need to do something else until the final release date?

April 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
You shouldn't have do anything special to get the RC, but since the official release is 3 days away, you might aswell just wait until then, at which point the update manager will automatically tell you about the new release and offer to upgrade..

April 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
You may need to open your Software Sources "Updates" tab and, in the dropdown menu, change the option about what sort of distribution upgrades you will be notified about. The menu may be set up to only display distribution options for other LTS releases. You can choose "Normal Releases" however and since Jaunty is a 'normal release" you should get the notification about upgrading.

See this Illustrative Picture (http://www.refolder.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/top5-ubuntu-02.png)!

April 20th, 2009, 07:39 PM
If you want development releases to show up to have to run "update-manager -d" with alt-f2.

April 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
haha sorry i overlooked it, i was expecting it to be in that little box where the normal upgrades are. thanks :)

April 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
if you want development releases to show up to have to run "update-manager -d" with alt-f2.