Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 12:17 AM
und
sh: unpack200: not found
HOSTNAME IS steve-desktop
Starting FrostWire...
Java exec not found in PATH, starting auto-search...
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /usr/lib/ hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.5.x or newer from http://www.java.com
ls: cannot access /usr/java/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /usr/java/ hierarchy
ls: cannot access /opt/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in /opt/ hierarchy
steve@steve-desktop:~$
I had the problem with JAVA SUN on my laptop and Taurus showed me the way. I went back in the threads and tried to do it on my PC and this is where I am. I have downloaded Frostwire, but can't find it and bungled the Sun Java download. STUCK

Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry, Ubuntu 8.10- HP pavilion 1125- 80gig HD- 3.20GHz- Ubuntu is primary drive.

kamitsukai
April 20th, 2009, 12:43 AM
silly question but do you have java installed?

*edit* never mind re-read you post...

Wiebelhaus
April 20th, 2009, 12:45 AM
First:

sudo apt-get remove sun-java6-jre

Then:

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre

Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I ran 'sudo apt-get remove sun-java6-jre' the response was I needed to run 'dpkg --configure -a' then it asks for my superuser # and displays it then indicates 'bash: my number displayed: command not found'. I'm showing an ERROR, red circle with a minus sign in it in the tool bar indicating 'ERROR:BrokenCount>O'This usually means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies'. I'm sorry but I'm way over my head, I'll not touch anything till I hear from you.
Thanks

Wiebelhaus
April 20th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I ran 'sudo apt-get remove sun-java6-jre' the response was I needed to run 'dpkg --configure -a' then it asks for my superuser # and displays it then indicates 'bash: my number displayed: command not found'. I'm showing an ERROR, red circle with a minus sign in it in the tool bar indicating 'ERROR:BrokenCount>O'This usually means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies'. I'm sorry but I'm way over my head, I'll not touch anything till I hear from you.
Thanks

Open Synaptic Package Manager , find the Sun Java packages and try to remove them or repair them from there. After re-install with Synaptic.

Synaptic should take care of the dependencies for you.

Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Synaptic Package Manager is covered with the ERROR window 'E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct problem'. E: _cache->open () failed, please report'. I've gone into Terminal several times and run this 'dpkg' several times and instead of my superuser password not being shown it is displayed and I get 'the command not found'. I can't get into Synaptic Package Manager.

Wiebelhaus
April 20th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Synaptic Package Manager is covered with the ERROR window 'E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct problem'. E: _cache->open () failed, please report'. I've gone into Terminal several times and run this 'dpkg' several times and instead of my superuser password not being shown it is displayed and I get 'the command not found'. I can't get into Synaptic Package Manager.

wth I don't understand.

You have ran:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

and it's revealing your password?

You should have this happen:

you have to type in
sudo dpkg --configure -a.As soon as the password will be asked for the login
[sudo] password for user: you have to type your password, , you should not see the password repeated in the terminal window. Subsequently, the command will run or a complaint will be returned and will tell you what went wrong, asking you to re-enter the command.

Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Processing triggers for man-db ...

Setting up unixodbc (2.2.11-16build2) ...

Processing triggers for libc6 ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

I don't know why but I did that several times last night and didn't get this message, but I still don't know what this means, please bear with me.

Yed Ied
April 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I believe the fire is out. As soon as I submitted my last post I noticed an indicator in the tool bar for downloads and it was Java. I think PROBLEM SOLVED, thank you very much.