PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ipod on ubuntu 8.10?

Yed Ied
April 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
bye bye XP, all Ubuntu 8.10 and Apple. I've read several posts about using ipod's with Ubuntu. My ability with technical downloads are limited, but am excited about my new world. A fella could get shot thru an open window. I need some input as to what works and what is reasonable, I would like this to happen, but it isn't the end of the world if it doesn't.

ptn107
April 20th, 2009, 04:55 AM
You can use your ipod in Ubuntu with Rhythmbox, which is installed by default and works very well. Personally, I just installed Rockbox* to my ipod so I can just drag and drop music onto the device with a regular file manager.

*http://www.rockbox.org/

|Mitch|
April 20th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Rhythmbox, Banshee, & Songbird all have support for an Ipod. There are probably others, those three I have used and know for a fact work.

sylvainrb
April 20th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I don't know about the programs from the previous posts, but the problem I had with amarok was that it was a bit complex at the time to set up my ipod.

I use gtkpod and as a novice, it was really simple: install gtkpod, run it and plug in your ipod and voila! You can also set it up so it launches itself when you plug in your ipod...