PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu refuses to mount/eject ipod; forced eject killed it

asuastrophysics
April 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
i don't understand why connecting my ipod in ubuntu has to be a half-hour chore. what's more, my ipod is bricked now and i have a folder with an exclamation point, because ubuntu refused to eject it.

when i plug it in, i get "cannot mount file"
when i try to eject it, it tells me some other crap reason why it can't do it.

i just want things to work. plain and simple. this shouldn't be too hard...

is there a solution to this in jaunty?

i cannot wait for my windows vista disc to finally get here...

inxygnuu
April 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry Ubuntu bricked your ipod:(. did you have anything running while your ipod was plugged in?

asuastrophysics
April 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
..ryhthmbox?

and i think nautilus was running.

i configured powertop to stop polling devices...is this why?

asuastrophysics
April 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
SOLVED. it just mounted...not sure what all that was about.

inxygnuu
April 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
glad!:) I don't know why, but sometimes you have to touch around, and things will magically work!:o do you still plan on switching back?

asuastrophysics
April 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM
i still don't know. i do know, however that switching cold turkey directly to ubuntu with no windows partitions probably wasn't the best move to make. that's why i think i'm having some trouble. i just "plunged in" head first :D

and i'm hoping jaunty will release an update for the X server for ATI cards. if i can get my 500GB music machine to actually start x again, ill stay :popcorn:

Celauran
April 20th, 2009, 05:33 PM
i still don't know. i do know, however that switching cold turkey directly to ubuntu with no windows partitions probably wasn't the best move to make. that's why i think i'm having some trouble. i just "plunged in" head first :D

While it can be frustrating at times, it's actually a pretty good way to learn as you aren't really left with alternatives.