PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson RX610 print problem Intrepid 8.10

charonred
April 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Setup 8.10 Intrepid on my brothers PC over Easter (yay, another refugee from Windows - after 1 hour he loves it, so does his wife).

But...the printer won't print - CUPS lists RX600 & RX620, but not a RX610 (Australia).

Epson Photo RX610 MFC although detected and set as default printer doesn't print the test page - it went through about 30 sheets of A4 without printing anything. It seems to have all the relevant settings correct, but won't print the test page (I haven't tried printing a document yet)

THe PC is one I built for them 2 year ago - AM2 Gigabyte m/b, Athlon 5200+, 2GB memory, 256MB video - so it's a fairly current PC.

Appreciate any advice on how to get the printer printing.

charonred
April 21st, 2009, 06:27 AM
bump
really need to fix this, otherwise I'll have to re-install XP so they can use the printer (printer is about 18 months old); they love everything about Ubuntu, but they are not going to buy a new printer just to suit Linux.

Any advice/suggestions please...

charonred
April 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
another bump

charonred
April 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Installed all the Epson software in XP in VirtualBox, but even that wouldn't print - either direct via USB pass-through, or through 'network printer' ???

So rebooted PC using Live Jaunty CD and presto, the printer works from that; so now looks like I'll have to upgrade Intrepid to Jaunty .. what a pain as it wants to download 1 GB, though it has the disc ??? maybe lots of updates to Jaunty already.

So, looks like I'll have to bring the PC and printer back to my place where I have a half-decent ADSL connection (8Mb/s ... brothers is 512Kb/s which sucks).