PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need Help! Problem with sound in Toshiba L100

GuyFreakz
April 18th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hi, everyone :)

Beside wifi connection problem (see my another thread), i'm facing sound problem. My laptop is toshiba l100 and usually using Conexant AC-Link driver in it's default OS (winxp home). 2 days ago i started installing ubuntu 8.10 but the sound is very horrible. I admit that i can hear the sound but with very low quality (noisy, buzzy) and gives reverb. My question is why and how to fix it?

PS: again, this problem seems didn't occur on another laptop, espescially ACER. Is toshiba not compatible with ubuntu? I'm a newbie here.

Idwal Tristan
April 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
When using the laptop’s own speakers the sound is of adequate volume and decent quality for such small speakers. There are even eventualities where the speakers are too loud and this brings to light the laptop’s biggest problem. There is no external sound control for this laptop and as such the user has to rely solely on software to change the volume such as Windows’ own volume control or in-game or media player volume controls. I find this aspect extremely annoying in general use. Another problem with the sound is that when one is using a particularly high quality sound system with the laptop the internal components such as the hard drive make perceptible noise, which makes things like sound editing and music writing difficult. An external or PCMCIA sound card would really be required for complicated music and sound-related tasks on this laptop.

GuyFreakz
April 18th, 2009, 07:27 AM
When using the laptop’s own speakers the sound is of adequate volume and decent quality for such small speakers. There are even eventualities where the speakers are too loud and this brings to light the laptop’s biggest problem. There is no external sound control for this laptop and as such the user has to rely solely on software to change the volume such as Windows’ own volume control or in-game or media player volume controls. I find this aspect extremely annoying in general use. Another problem with the sound is that when one is using a particularly high quality sound system with the laptop the internal components such as the hard drive make perceptible noise, which makes things like sound editing and music writing difficult. An external or PCMCIA sound card would really be required for complicated music and sound-related tasks on this laptop.

Is it so? But i think for just play some mp3 it should enough. The problem is not the sound too small so i cannot hear nor i put the volume into terribly loudness. I can hear it very well in enough volume but it gives noise and reverb. This problem is not occur when i used winxp (laptop's default os), and i havent need to add a new sound card too.

<< Sorry for my bad english #-o >>

andypearce
May 16th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I am using a toshiba satellite pro L100 that I am also having sound/dvd/flash problems with that I get no solution from the forum from just yet....did you sort yours. My prob can start at boot up... if the welcome tune is mad the whole sound/flash etc is mad. It was less bad with 8.10 but worse now with 9.4.... and am running out of ideas!