PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] System completely locked after blank screen/screensaver

Untergeher
April 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Folks,

I recently installed 8.10 on a 64bit Intel Core Duo (low voltage) lenovo X61s laptop, kernel 2.6.27-11-generic. I've seen posts from people having similar problems but nothing worked for me.

I set the computer such that the 'blank screen' screensaver is activated when the machine is idle. Once the screen is blank for a while and I hit a key and enter my password, the system wouldn't come back to me. Instead, the desktop background picture appears, nothing more. Once in this state, the keyboard is completely unresponsive, it is impossible to switch to another console (ctrl+alt+F?). The mouse still works but is not of much help. The only solution I found so far is restarting the system.

Maybe it is worth noting that this only happens when the blank screen has been activated for a couple of minutes already. It doesn't occur immediately after the screen is locked. It is very important for me to be able to lock the screen.

I'd appreciate any useful comment,
Der Untergeher

Untergeher
April 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Untergeher
April 22nd, 2009, 05:17 AM

Hendronicus
April 22nd, 2009, 05:25 AM
Have you checked your power settings? I'd also have a look at the swap size and suspend/resume settings.