PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] All in one printers

Majorflam
April 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi,

I am looking to purchase an all-in-one printer and would like to know if any of you guys have experience in using one with Linux successfully. I have a Lexmark X3480 right now, but there are no Linux drivers for it.

I'll be buying from amazon.co.uk

TIA

MF

_Purple_
April 17th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I have been using HP and so far never had issues with HP printer drivers in Ubuntu.

ajgreeny
April 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
HP certainly are worth looking at, and with the hplip package installed you get terrific control over the printer. I know that the 2180 works well, and have used it on my wife's computer (with linux Mint) so have a look at updated versions of similar all-in-ones.

Generally you are OK with epson and HP, as long as you stick with a model that is not completely new of the press, when you may find drivers are not yet available. Lexmark are not good with linux generally, though some can be made to work. Have a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport for more details and info.

Majorflam
April 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hey, thanks for the replies.

Tsula
April 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, from what I hear, HP generally works better than Lexmark. I have an X2500 and it's giving me a little bit of hell. No luck so far with it.

Jenkins1
April 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I use the HP6280 not sure they make it any more but the hp drivers are great they are easier to use than the windows version.

Apollonios
April 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Has (but: HAS) anybody any HP all-in-one printer with FAX to work with Ubuntu 9?

Or parhaps other brand.

Thanks
Makis Savaidis