PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] BenQ Wireless Mouse not registering

ctc26
April 17th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hi I have just bought a BenQ M310 wireless mouse. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 rc, but I read that the problem persists on 8.10. This mouse should operate as a plug n play device. I also have a synaptic touchpad on this laptop which I believe is conflicting with the wireless mouse. The two click buttons and the scroll wheel operate perfectly on the wireless mouse, yet the cursor does not track across the screen when I move the mouse. The mouse and the USB receiver seem to be operating correctly, the light on the mouse flashes correctly and it is fully functional on a windows box.

When the wireless mouse is plugged in, the click buttons on the synaptic touchpad do not do anything, yet the touchpad is still able to move the cursor. This is why I believe there is a conflict between the two devices.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my lspci and dmesg output.

ctc26

hoydstar
April 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I am having the same problem, running Ubuntu 8.1. The mouse just does not seem to register.

ctc26
April 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Hi hoydstar, thanks for posting. Can you please post at https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/362855 confirming this bug. I think we will have more of an impact on launchpad. Cheers ctc26.