PDA

View Full Version : Ship-it Free

tatacalu
January 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Hey there! I have a few questions:

Firstly, if I make a request for a certain number of CDs in the Ship-it Free section, when they arrive do I have to pay postal taxes or is it completely free? I have to mention that I live in Romania.

I ask you that because a friend of mine made a request of a shipment some time ago and he didn't had to pay anything.... I want to make shure.

Umm.... and... if you are able to send Ubuntu Cds, couldn't you send Kubuntu Cds or Edubuntu CDs as well ? ... I mean... in the Ubuntu package to be among the standard Cds 1 or 2 Kubuntu copies and 1 or 2 Edubuntu copies?

Thanks!

Lord Illidan
January 4th, 2006, 03:35 PM
They are free. Completely free!!

nocturn
January 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
The only charge that could happen is customs... which didn't happen for 20+ CD's in my order, so for 10 you should be fine.

az
January 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Canonical only press (make) Ubuntu cds for now. If things work out for the next release, there could be only one combined live and install cd. If this is the case, then it would become feasable to make ubuntu cd and another kind of cd, like kubuntu.

jeffreyvergara.NET
January 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM
i ordered 5, 15, *55 which I payed only less than $ each

earobinson
January 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
got mine the other day not sure If i got charged.... live in canada have paied a cent yet and I have the cd's

EDIT: this thread should really be moved to community chat, It has nothing to do with gnome support.

ounas
January 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Have recieved 30 cd's with no-charge to here in Finland

-Ounas :razz:

GeneralZod
January 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
People have been charged by customs, so watch out! :)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=102292&highlight=shipit
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=94628&highlight=shipit

earobinson
January 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM
ya I know.... I woundering why I was not.

jeffreyvergara.NET
January 4th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I did not noticed until now. LOL

briancurtin
January 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
my original order of 25 CDs for my school's computer science department got turned down and i only got 5 (i havent been back to school to see if they are there yet though). i tried to get another order of some CDs and emphasized that they are for a school, i said id pay shipping, and it still hasnt been processed yet. hopefully i dont get turned down again, because i think people would be a bit more receptive to the nice printed CDs rather than ones i would otherwise put in the lab that have "ubuntu 5.10" written in marker on them.

Koobi
January 4th, 2006, 08:32 PM
i ordered 10 CD's my first time almost a year ago and i recieved them and didn't pay a cent and i ordered another 25 a few months ago and once again, i didn't pay a cent and i live on the other side of the world, in Sri Lanka :)

i guess it all depends on the duty/tax in your country.