View Full Version : [kubuntu] wireless belkin 5700

April 12th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Upon my son's recommendation I took a chance and installed Ubuntu 9.0.4 B2 64bit and it works a charm, including recognising my wireless card and picking up my home network. I then continued on to install KDE and once again, all went well -- until I tried to access my wireless connection.

I have rebooted into a Gnome session and the wireless connection remains, so it's not a system or hardware problem. But being more accustomed to RPM Linux systems, I'm not sure whether it's hardware recognition or an absent driver. In either case, assistance in firing up my wireless under a KDE session would be greatly appreciated.

April 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
in kde session right click the connection icon "green globe" and hit new connection, enter the network information then click next, tick where it says auto connect and add the network key' now hit save and connect.

:note: if your network name isn't detected and it's not located in the list' enter the network name manually !

April 13th, 2009, 10:08 AM
My son has since found a way to enable my wireless card under KDE under Ubuntu 9.0.4.

It's not easy getting anything out of him but, insofar as I can, I'll deliver details of what he did.