PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless stops working after 2 min (ndiswrapper)

Toady00
April 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I have a dell inspirion e1705. I was using the sta driver but was having some similar problems that I asked for help but got no response. This is the post for previous problem (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1120879). I tried the ndisgtk method and my speed went from 2Mb/s with sta to 130Mb/s with ndis. But it only works for about 2 mins. I still stayed connected to my network but all information quits getting passed from router to laptop. I had this problem and more with the sta but sta would only stall the connection for a min or two. The ndis wont reconnect. Will someone either help me fix this problem or tell me how to get back to using the sta driver.

Toady00
April 12th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I've been using Ubuntu since Dec. & I love it but this wireless issues is starting to be a deal breaker. I don't want to go back to windows. If no one knows how to fix my problem is there a wireless draft n card that works propperly out the box that I can install in my e1705, without having to pay an arm and a leg. ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I have asked for help many times and NO ONE EVER RESPONDS.