PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UPS auto shutdown

TheKorn2
April 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
How do I get jaunty to automatically shut down when my UPS is depleted?

I bought a Cyberpower UPS with USB port the other day. I plugged it in, charged it, DIDN'T plug the jaunty machine into it but I did plug in the USB port.

Jaunty saw the UPS immediately, showed its power level, runtime, etc. (So communication worked without a hitch!)

Then I plugged in my drill to the UPS, and cranked it up. Then I watched as Ubuntu Jaunty monitored the power levels on the UPS, going down, down, down to zero and then doing nothing. No shutdown was attempted.

How do I fix / configure this?

Nevermind. I added the package UPSD, now in power management there's a tab for what to do on UPS power. (Documenting for others, since I wasn't able to dig anything up via searching before I wrote this post.)

Excedio
July 1st, 2009, 09:23 PM
How do I get jaunty to automatically shut down when my UPS is depleted?

I bought a Cyberpower UPS with USB port the other day. I plugged it in, charged it, DIDN'T plug the jaunty machine into it but I did plug in the USB port.

Jaunty saw the UPS immediately, showed its power level, runtime, etc. (So communication worked without a hitch!)

Then I plugged in my drill to the UPS, and cranked it up. Then I watched as Ubuntu Jaunty monitored the power levels on the UPS, going down, down, down to zero and then doing nothing. No shutdown was attempted.

How do I fix / configure this?

Nevermind. I added the package UPSD, now in power management there's a tab for what to do on UPS power. (Documenting for others, since I wasn't able to dig anything up via searching before I wrote this post.)

Hey there. Can you post a link to the model UPS you are using? I am really interested in getting something exactly like what you are doing.

Do you think it will work in Intrepid?

epi 1:10,000
July 4th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I have a similar unit A Dynex DX-800U that says 800AVR on the top of it. I bleive it was made for best buy by cyberpower cause it looks identical to the cyber power unit and uses the same windows software as the cyberpower units. I was wondering if you had any succes w/ your units and whether you got a forced auto shutdown to work?

Excedio
July 4th, 2009, 01:16 AM
...I was wondering if you had any succes w/ your units and whether you got a forced auto shutdown to work?

I personally have not purchased one yet. If the unit that you have it similar to CyberPower's unit, you can try using this (http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/management-software/ppl.html) and see if it works.

Also, take note of what the OP said: