PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help again. Im new to this.

robinbj
April 10th, 2009, 05:17 AM
So, heres my sap story if you will. I loaded ubuntu from wubi for the first time and lost/ didnt copy down the login info the right way. so i had to un=install and did that the way i was instructed by some computer programming friends of mine. Well, i re-installed wubi and ubuntu and to my suprise got TWO ubuntus with that. well needless to say i have on my startup page Windows vista and 3 ubuntu files. All three have this failure
unable to start or locat \ubuntu\winboot\wubildr.mmbr
So, i went into vista and deleted all the files i had in vista. well their still there on my load page. I checked my partitions and they dont exist. NOW to make it worse, i made an ISO from ubuntu and made a CD which is a good iso cd. i checked it on other computers with different systems (All 64 bit). I put it into my computer and loaded everything and all was a success HOWEVER i still have the 3 ubuntus' that are "empty" and no working ubuntu. What do I do? I think my computer hates me/ linux. Im running the HP touchsmart wtih an AMD Turion X2 64bit prossesor. i am going to have my good friend who installs linux for a living checkc this out (not really for a living, but he is the site manager for some large technology cos. here in Cincy). Im very confused as to whats going on because Vista kept its partition, however everything for Ubuntu and all the partitions are gone, never to be seen.

HELP.

Brad
BTW I am in no means a computer "geek" or "literate". I need the "el stupido" walk thru and advice.

Thanks
Bradley Robinson

hyper_ch
April 10th, 2009, 07:16 AM
It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question ;)

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you ;)

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use
brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.