PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Terminal Server Client not connecting

nixIT
April 10th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Hello all,

I have Ubuntu 8.10 installed on my laptop at work. When I first installed it, I could connect to our Win 2000/2003 servers with Terminal Server Client. However now when I connect, or should say try to connect with TSC, I get a message "Connection dropped (or refused can't remember which) by host".

I can connect to the same server with a windows box though.

Any ideas?

Cybie257
April 10th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Are you using RDP or VNC? Is there any delay before it crashes out with the connection error?

Could be MTU settings. Let's start with the above first and I will go from there. I had similar issues in the past. It was related to MTU settings, which you can change via the Network Connections under the System->Preferences menu

-Cybie

nixIT
April 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Are you using RDP or VNC? Is there any delay before it crashes out with the connection error?

Could be MTU settings. Let's start with the above first and I will go from there. I had similar issues in the past. It was related to MTU settings, which you can change via the Network Connections under the System->Preferences menu

-Cybie

Am using RDP.

MTU is currently set to automatic.

When I click Connect, the window goes away, and the windows that *should* be the server I want to admin flashes for a split second before it goes away and the error window comes up.

--nixIT

nixIT
April 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM

-Cybie

What did you change your MTU settings to? Mine are currently set to automatic.

--nixIT