PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Palm partial sync

roystreet
April 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hello - I've got my palm TX to sync with evolution. I've done it wirelessly with ubuntu 8.1 with the exception that the memos never would sync. I've tried various different settings in the conduit, but never could get memos to sync.

Problem 2: It appears once ubuntu was rebooted later on that it would no longer sync anything. My palm would try, but ubuntu would act like nothing is happening. So I opened evolution to see if it needed to be open, but still nothing.

Any ideas on this one? It was so exciting to at least see the calendar sync & I could modify it in evolution or on the palm & it would sync great, but no memos. Then it wouldn't sync anymore...

Thanks,
~roystreet

roystreet
April 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
OK, now I'm adding to this a further discovery. As I booted up in ubuntu yesterday, logged on, & even had evolution open. I told my palm to sync wireless as usual. Of course it failed as usual. Well, I decided to try some further investigation...You can specify which computer to sync with or type in the PC's IP address. First I tried typing in the IP address...It tried and failed to sync as usual. On the palm you can search for other computers on the LAN & it found none, uh OK? Maybe this problem is different than what I originally thought? I turned on my backup drive which is on the LAN also & is seen as another computer. Once I did that, the palm recognized & displayed that "computer"...

OK, well I think the problem may reside with the machine that has ubuntu on it isn't "showing" it's presence on the network. Anyone have any ideas why this may happen? Is there a setting that for security that may affect this?

Thanks,
~roystreet