PDA

View Full Version : Amyto website!

Sockerdrickan
April 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
:popcorn:How is this? http://www.amyto.com (http://www.amyto.com/)

It's pretty empty at the moment but check out the tutorial for something to comment on!
Oh and I'm working on not using a frame as redirect.

Sockerdrickan
April 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
:(

Orlsend
April 10th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Is their something you need help on or you just wanted to inform us about your neat web-site?

Sockerdrickan
April 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
constructive feedback

s.fox
April 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Hi,

Looks nice, though I would query why you have every page refresh when you clock a link as the URL doesn't change.

-Ash R

Vadi
April 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Empty! ;) But the design is good.

Sockerdrickan
April 12th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hi,

Looks nice, though I would query why you have every page refresh when you clock a link as the URL doesn't change.

-Ash R
The redirection is temporarily set to frame that's why. And there's only 1 tutorial right now the other 9 links in the footer redirects to # (simply refresh). :p

Ben Crisford
April 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I don't know if its my internet.

But load was rather slow on all the pages...

Apart from that, its stylish, snazzy and very modern ;).

BradwJensen
April 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
All of the pages load pretty slow. It looks like they all get redirected.

Anyways, I like the style and colors. I think the border radius' on the red-whatever page should not be as round as they are.

Do you know PHP? That would be a great scripting language to learn (and not very hard to learn), and it's rather fun to use once learned.

Sockerdrickan
April 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah I know some PHP but this site won't use dynamic content, so I think it's overkill! :popcorn:

s.fox
April 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM
The redirection is temporarily set to frame that's why.

I think this may be why its running slow for some people. When do you plan to change the redirect?

hessiess
April 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
You rilly should NOT use frames, it makes it imposable to link to a specific page in a website(bad for search engines). And PHP is not overkill, even for a small site, just using a few includes() can work wonders with maintainability.

lyceum
April 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Okay, I am going to give you some harsh feed back. First, I love the colors and the logo.

I had no idea I could move off the front page a first glance, that makes it not user friendly. The logo needs to be ironed out. There is something off about it, and it looks familiar.

Change the colors of the Project/Tutorials so they stand out more. I did not see them at first.

The site need to be more interactive, make it jump off the screen.

If every page looked like your tutorial page the site would really come to life. That page looks great.

You may want to give some intro to the tutorial. Let people know what it is, what it is for and what they can do with it.

Over all, you site is too abrupt. That said, it is a good start and has serious potential.

Hope that helps.

:guitar: