PDA

View Full Version : RFC's for Dust theme

gwi
April 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I have been using the Dust theme for a few weeks now. I made a little change to it: I reversed the look of the radion button, by changing the following in gtk-2.0/gtkrc:

# SZ07: This is added to tell the theme how to color checkmarks and radio items that are not in menus.
style "murrine-radiocheck" = "default"
{
text[NORMAL] = @selected_fg_color # Color for selected checks/radio items.
text[PRELIGHT] = @selected_fg_color # Color for selected checks/radio items on prelight.
engine "murrine"{
}
}

class "GtkRadioButton" style:highest "murrine-radiocheck" # SZ07: Added for the checkmarks/radio
class "GtkCheckButton" style:highest "murrine-radiocheck" # SZ07: Added for the checkmarks/radio
into the following:

# SZ07: This is added to tell the theme how to color checkmarks and radio items that are not in menus.
style "murrine-radio" = "default"
{
bg[SELECTED] = @bg_color
text[NORMAL] = @selected_bg_color # Color for selected radio items.
text[PRELIGHT] = @selected_bg_color # Color for selected radio items on prelight.
engine "murrine"{
}
}

style "murrine-check" = "default"
{
text[NORMAL] = @selected_fg_color # Color for selected checks.
text[PRELIGHT] = @selected_fg_color # Color for selected checks on prelight.
engine "murrine"{
}
}

class "GtkRadioButton" style:highest "murrine-radio" # SZ07: Added for the checkmarks/radio
class "GtkCheckButton" style:highest "murrine-check" # SZ07: Added for the checkmarks/radio
:confused:This works, but it does not change the looks of the radio button in menu's. How can I change that?

Besides this I would like the item separator in menu's to have better visibility. I tried changing the color in line 282, but that didn't have any effect.
:confused:How can the appearance of the separator line be changed?

And finally: the restore and maximize buttons have the same image, making it very difficult to see the whether a window is really maximized, or just has the same size as the desktop. I would like to have a separate restore button image. Maybe with a small square or rectangle in it?

(Btw: I am using Compiz.)

MadsRH
April 8th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry I can't help you, but I'm also using Dust and this sounds very interesting :cool:
Could you post a screenshot???

gwi
June 24th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Just try what I did (and described in my first post). Don't forget to make a backup copy of the file first.

That should be better than a screen shot.