PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] (Seemingly) uncommon LIRC problems with ENLTV-FM

schmidtbag
April 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
For starters, I have an Encore ENLTV-FM TV tuner and it has its own built in IR receiver, and it came with a pretty nice remote which I want to use.

As nearly everyone knows, the numbers, arrows, mute, sleep, and enter will always work without installing LIRC. Like everyone else with a remote, I wanted more functionality. So, I installed lirc, as well as the gnome-lirc-proporties. With lshal, I was able to find my remote's device was "/dev/input/event5". I later installed "inputlirc", which I noticed makes it so I can't use the same buttons as before (except arrows) but I can use everything else, which is weird.. So in "Remote Control Proporties" I chose the following:

Manufacturer: Generic
Model: Serial Port Receiver
Device: /dev/input/event5
[ ] Use supplied remote control
[O] Use different remote control
Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: enltv

If I change ANYTHING, whenever I start up that program it says my configuration is wrong, otherwise it just starts up fine if I select unknown with enltv. If I pick "enltv" and then customize the setup, changing the manufacturer and model fails.

Even though the program can correctly recognize the (limited) buttons I press, no other program recognizes them, and anything I do to customize the remote it says "Failed to initalize hardware". Before installing "inputlirc" it recognized nothing.

Why is this so difficult? The remote works. I know which event it is. Why does this fail for inexplicable reasons? The default serial port is useless.

schmidtbag
April 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
bump

schmidtbag
April 9th, 2009, 03:11 AM
not even a direciton as to where i could go?