PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] window decoration disappears

grikdog
April 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know what causes window decoration (underscore, box, X in the top right corner of the bar) to continually vanish? Usually, but not exclusively, this happens in Firefox.

I have to run Applications -> System -> Compiz Fusion Icon, then select Emerald, then re-select Gtk+ window decoration to get the tops of my windows back.

Why are they called "decoration," anyway? There's essential functionality embedded in those window tops.

Signs of instability do not encourage me to migrate to Intrepid or Jackalope, when Hardy desktop bugs never get fixed.

gettinoriginal
April 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Do F11 twice, then manually minimize window, close window, and then reopen and maximize with max button. That should fix the problem for you so that it doesn't happen again. :p

grikdog
April 30th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Do F11 twice, then manually minimize window, close window, and then reopen and maximize with max button. That should fix the problem for you so that it doesn't happen again. :p

Well, the decoration comes back, yes. The question is whether it'll STAY back :-\"

Thanks, anyway, one way or tother.

andrea000
April 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM
did it fix it? if not do you run compiz?

dmuir
May 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks, worked for me. What's the cause? I've had it happen in another app too.

davec64
May 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
This was a known issue in Intrepid so to stop it happening the next time you boot:
compizconfig settings manager > workarounds plugin > untick legacy fullscreen support

I'm assuming it's the same on Jaunty!