PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstall 8.04

ex-para
April 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
How can I safely remove Ubuntu 8.04 from my Laptop. The Laptop an ASUS Vista was new last December but it has a wide screen and worst of all SIS drives and after many hours of do this and do that I was able to get the correct resolution but as soon as I reboot it reverts back so I have chosen Fatdog 111 as the resolution is near enough and I have been able to download oxyjen openoffice to it and it has Firefox and must be fastest boot up I have seen and warns when the battrey is running out. I have Ubuntu in other Laptops I use working XP as guest and these are OK . When I look at the ASUS hard drive with Gpart I see one part with VistaOS but the other patitions are not named so I would appreciat any information regarding the uninstall.

dk92123
April 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM
How can I safely remove Ubuntu 8.04 from my Laptop. The Laptop an ASUS Vista was new last December but it has a wide screen and worst of all SIS drives and after many hours of do this and do that I was able to get the correct resolution but as soon as I reboot it reverts back so I have chosen Fatdog 111 as the resolution is near enough and I have been able to download oxyjen openoffice to it and it has Firefox and must be fastest boot up I have seen and warns when the battrey is running out. I have Ubuntu in other Laptops I use working XP as guest and these are OK . When I look at the ASUS hard drive with Gpart I see one part with VistaOS but the other patitions are not named so I would appreciat any information regarding the uninstall.

That first little FAT partition is important, do not delete it. it's the OEM info needed for windows. If you only want to delete the linux os, it will probably be just a ext3 and swap leave the rest.

*If you want to do that again with install and uninstall, you may want to consider using Wubi (a Windows App that installs Ubuntu on a VFAT partition on top of your NTFS and uninstalls ubuntu same way you uninstall a win app)