PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window Resizing

Fernzaty
April 6th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'm testing the Netbook Remix on my Acer Aspire One, and so far finding it way better than Linpus. One thing I'm finding a little irritating, though not a deal breaker, is windows not staying the size I make them. I don't need everything full screen, but next time I open up, back it goes. Claws is a prime example of this. I thought I'd give it a try and so far it does everything I need, except stay the size I want it to be. Can anyone advise please?

ronocdh
April 6th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'm testing the Netbook Remix on my Acer Aspire One, and so far finding it way better than Linpus. One thing I'm finding a little irritating, though not a deal breaker, is windows not staying the size I make them. I don't need everything full screen, but next time I open up, back it goes. Claws is a prime example of this. I thought I'd give it a try and so far it does everything I need, except stay the size I want it to be. Can anyone advise please?
I'm not sure how to do this in GNOME, but in KDE you can click the upper left corner of a window and adjust Window Properties. This allows you to set sizes and positions for windows. You can force them always to be the size you declare, or use "Initially" which will allow you to resize after it opens, should you need to.

Fernzaty
April 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I had a look but no properties available there. There's a windows property icon in preferences but that also doesn't give the ability to make a window always stay at the chosen size.