PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Radeon HD2350 + fglrx driver = juddery output on projector

MZ250Supa5
April 6th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Unlike many, I haven't had the problems of finding and initially setting up the drivers for the ATI card - that was easier than on Windows, (I am a Ubuntu newbie, point of frustration with XP!) but I couldn't get output on the S-Video to my SVGA projector, and DVI to monitor through adaptor. So following the advice in forums, I loaded the ATI Radeon fglrx drivers, and got a picture from the projector - only it's very juddery, and unwatchable. For the S-Video output I'm using an HD 2350 card, which I bought spcefically for the purpose. Yes, I know it's not the best, but I didn't buy it to play games, only so that I could integrate TV, Audio and DVD playback. It's so frustrating given that I initially seemed to avoid most of the problems of setting up graphics card and DVD playback, once I'd fathomed out how to load software - a little different to XP, and strangely reminiscent of MS DOS command lines - yes, I am old enough to remember pre-Windows! any suggestions/solutions would be welcomed.