PDA

View Full Version : New theme for me?

metallicamike
April 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Does anybody know of a cool minimalistic transparent type GTK2 theme?
thanks

blackened
April 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM
GTK2 doesn't have built-in alpha support, are you sure you didn't mean metacity or emerald themes?

metallicamike
April 6th, 2009, 03:33 AM
yes

blackened
April 6th, 2009, 03:54 AM
yes

Oh ok, well luckily we've cleared up any confusion early on.

So that wasn't exactly a question that could be answered with a simple yes or no. Since GTK2 doesn't have built-in alpha support, your question makes no sense unless you drop the "transparent" adjective and just go for minimalist.

That said, I sure like Elegant Brit (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553).

OT: Your avatar rules. I hope that was Photoshopped/GIMPed, James will give us banjo players bad names.

Sand & Mercury
April 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Oh ok, well luckily we've cleared up any confusion early on.

So that wasn't exactly a question that could be answered with a simple yes or no. Since GTK2 doesn't have built-in alpha support, your question makes no sense unless you drop the "transparent" adjective and just go for minimalist.

That said, I sure like Elegant Brit (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553).

OT: Your avatar rules. I hope that was Photoshopped/GIMPed, James will give us banjo players bad names.
On the megadeth forums there was a massive thread just for photoshopping that one particular photo. :lol:

metallicamike
April 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
ok yeah no transparent.i found one that i really like called Murrina Bright. i guess minimalist wasnt exactly what i was looking for :lolflag: But im still open to suggestions

and yes it was photoshopped by someone else. If you ask me it makes banjo players awesome

blackened
April 6th, 2009, 07:46 PM
ok yeah no transparent.i found one that i really like called Murrina Bright. i guess minimalist wasnt exactly what i was looking for :lolflag: But im still open to suggestions...

Well, glad you found something you like. Hopefully you used a better font than the theme creator chose in his previews. I really enjoy FreeSans and Bitstream Vera Sans. Though I suppose it's all personal preference.

On the megadeth forums there was a massive thread just for photoshopping that one particular photo. :lol:

If only we could get Dave Mustaine on the mandolin and Tom Araya on washtub bass we could be on our way to founding a new genre: we'll call it "Mountain Metal". Pff, somebody's probably done it already.