PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Language Support

frbobs
April 6th, 2009, 01:16 AM
We are sending 20 computers to Kigoma Tanzania we need the machines to be able to switch between English and Swahili I went to System administration then language support I down loaded the packages for Swahili but when I log on Swahili is not listed as an option... Also is there any way to switch between languages during a session without having to log out...

Am I missing something simple... by the why when I go back to system administration language support Swahili is still checked...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fr. Bob

mkvnmtr
April 6th, 2009, 03:34 AM
When you go to log in click on sessions and see if you can find someplace to pick your language. If not you might need to add some program support. In my experience using Spanish and English I have found quite a few programs that I needed. There are two sections in the package manager for internationalization and localization. Go through them completely and you will find what you need.

frbobs
April 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Still no luck in getting this to work...I checked the package manager and everythng was loaded
Any more ideas... maybe I need a start to finish check list.... Can I be the only one that needs his computers to speak Swahili and English... LoL

Any help would be appreciated... ?