PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to open google earth

gotanothergrot
April 5th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have downloaded Google earth how do i install.
what should i do??

taurus
April 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Try installing it from a terminal.

Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal

cd ~/Desktop
chmod +x GoogleEarthLinux.bin
./GoogleEarthLinux.bin

spudpucker
April 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
ok i'm a newbie but I sometimes get this for files I downloaded. I right click and click properties, then I have to click on permissions tab and click the box at the bottom next to " allow executing file as program "

then the proper program comes up at double click or right click.

hope this helps

gotanothergrot
April 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Installed smoothly,Thanks, however when i open it i get a few seconds of earth opening, some flickers and then shuts down!

The_R
April 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Installed smoothly,Thanks, however when i open it i get a few seconds of earth opening, some flickers and then shuts down!

Rename libcrypto.so.0.9.8 to something else in the google-earth directory. This usually fixes it for most people.

mv libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so.0.9.8.bak

Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

keypox
April 6th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Rename libcrypto.so.0.9.8 to something else in the google-earth directory. This usually fixes it for most people.

mv libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so.0.9.8.bak

Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

hmm fixed my closing issue now the issue is that some much graphical problems. Bet it works perfect in vista :(

alphacrucis2
April 6th, 2009, 04:34 AM
hmm fixed my closing issue now the issue is that some much graphical problems. Bet it works perfect in vista :(

Try turning off your desktop effects. Problems with OpenGL apps vs compiz.

gotanothergrot
April 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the help, done the rename but some issues remain.

so what do i punch in the terminal to do a complete removal of the google earth download as i can live without it for now.