PDA

View Full Version : My First Wallpaper

vegetarianshrimp
April 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Hey everybody. I just made my first wallpaper in GIMP. I've used GIMP before a little bit, and I decided to make a wallpaper. It's not that good, and I didn't spend that much time on it, but nevertheless, here it is: (click for larger view)

If you could give me contructive crtisism that would be great :). Please feel free to improve on it and post your version of it here. I included the xcf in the attachments.

Thanks,
vegetarianshrimp

P.S. This wallpaper was made for my Dell Mini 9, that's why the resolution is a weird 1024x600

Ben Crisford
April 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Nice.

All I would say is that I don't like the font much.

If you are making an ubuntu wallpaper, when in doubt, use the ubuntu font.

ninjapirate89
April 3rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Nice.

I would have to disagree. I like the font but I'm not so fond of the colors. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions I guess.

Ben Crisford
April 3rd, 2009, 11:53 PM
I would have to disagree. I like the font but I'm not so fond of the colors. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions I guess.

Fair enough.

Maybe the font is alright... But I don't think it would suit most themes, however I have seen your purple theme, and the more I think about it the more I think it suits it.

(Y)

vegetarianshrimp
April 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Nice.

Thanks

I wanted to use the ubuntu font, but I couldn't find it in Gimp. I chose this one because it looked the best (in my opinion) with the purple swirly thing.

What?! How could you not like Purple?! ;)

Fair enough.

Maybe the font is alright... But I don't think it would suit most themes, however I have seen your purple theme, and the more I think about it the more I think it suits it.

(Y)

It was meant to go with my purple theme, actually. :p

Ben Crisford
April 4th, 2009, 12:06 AM
It was meant to go with my purple theme, actually. :p

Its perfect then ;).

Have you got dA, i'll add you :).

vegetarianshrimp
April 4th, 2009, 12:13 AM
whats dA?

[EDIT] deviantART? Ya i don't have one :)

Bölvağur
April 4th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I am very happy that you included the xcf I often want to see how people do their work :P now I cannot complain, you have made me happy :tongue:

vegetarianshrimp
April 4th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I am very happy that you included the xcf I often want to see how people do their work :P now I cannot complain, you have made me happy :tongue:
That's good :)

s.fox
April 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Like the swirl effect you have. Good job.

-Ash R

vegetarianshrimp
April 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Like the swirl effect you have. Good job.

-Ash R