PDA

View Full Version : My Blog- care to help.

Orlsend
April 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Okay so I started my new Ubuntu blog, Its Basically Joomla with the Blog engine of word-press. I am looking for ideas for the design or even suggestions for the features. Maybe just some feedback?

Though 2 things already listed in my mind are a better logo (Thats a Temp that I made in gimp in 2-4 minutes) and of course once I am done the content will be starting to flow.

Other than that I don't have much Ideas.

BTW I use Gimp,Inkscape,Gedit,Phatch and Joomla.

Thanks for your time!

http://orlsend.co.cc

s.fox
April 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hi,

Looks okay. Nice and clean and bright. Not that much clutter either. I personally think the orange you have used is a little too bright though. Thats just my opinion though.

BTW, I have spotted a spelling mistake in your poll.

"Yes! I herd of it,but I don't use it "

Orlsend
April 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Okay Ill mark that down on the Maybe list. As for the spelling mistake Ill fix it right away. Thanks for Voting on the poll and the feedback!

Ben Crisford
April 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Looks great ;).

I'm not experienced enough to advise you, but when its done, make a topic or PM me and ill subscribe :D.

Orlsend
April 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
Will do my fellow Ubuntu user. Once again thanks for the feedback.

UbuntuNerd
April 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
looks good :smile:

Sand & Mercury
April 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Logo needs work, very rough around the edges. Apart from that, it's ok, non-offensive colours and layout. Get yourself a soft gradient for a background, see if you can implement some drop shadows, basically just polish.

Orlsend
April 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks Guys! I am working on a new Logo already. Ill see about the gradient,other than that I am already done with the graphical design. I am wondering is its too heavy?

s.fox
April 4th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Is it me or does the large image at the top seem to cut the blog in half? I could be wrong of course :D

Orlsend
April 6th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sadly I can't recreat the problem. what browser are you using?

Sand & Mercury
April 6th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Guys! I am working on a new Logo already. Ill see about the gradient,other than that I am already done with the graphical design. I am wondering is its too heavy?
Nowhere close! You have plenty of breathing room there.

Orlsend
April 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Nowhere close! You have plenty of breathing room there.

Okay,but I already scratched out the Idea of a gradient. Also I am going to add a RSS reader of my fav ubuntu blogs. Any other Ideas are welcome though.

s.fox
April 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hi,

You could move the search bar. It looks a little out of place in its current location in my opinion