PDA

View Full Version : Are the April 1 jokes going a bit too far?

Yownanymous
April 1st, 2009, 06:02 PM
I won't write much as I'm fast losing my eyesight (thanks whoever's brainy idea it was to recolour the forum) but is it not a bit ridiculous? I haven't even been pranked in real life yet (OK, once) but online is a bit silly...

MarcusA
April 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
just change the forum skin

Yownanymous
April 1st, 2009, 06:06 PM
just change the forum skin

I would if I could see enough to be able to get to that option... :P

smartboyathome
April 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
I would if I could see enough to be able to get to that option... :P

See the sig.

tazz4vr
April 1st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Man almighty, that was the worst colour ever... I went along with the April 1st skin for about, 5mins, back to normal now, yeah!

rizzeh
April 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hoff!
http://www.xfire.com/

KiwiNZ
April 1st, 2009, 06:51 PM
You know enjoying life takes little energy;)

mousestalker
April 1st, 2009, 07:45 PM
See the sig.

Bless you and your sig.

:)

Ow, my poor, poor eyes.

k3ttc4r
April 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
i almost tossed the laptop on the floor and started jumping on it when i first saw the "new" skin. at first i thought my computer was really messed up.. then i remembered it's april 1st :D

i didn't get pranked all day..

mcduck
April 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'd say the pink background is becoming a rather fine tradition. I was actually quite disappointed when it wasn't there when I first opened the forums this morning. :D

(of course I disabled it pretty soon when it changed but I still think it's nice.)

k3ttc4r
April 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
pink? i only see yellow here..

t0p
April 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Jeez... what happened to your sense of humour??

It's April 1st just once a year... so you have to "put up" with this stuff pretty damn rarely.

And what's so bad about a bit of vivid colour every now and then? Pull your eyes out, if it's really so terrible for you...

Joeb454
April 1st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I for one welcome our new yellow* overlords

*if the color changes, please insert new color here

hyperdude111
April 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
Pink was easier on the eyes than yellow..........disabled.

jespdj
April 1st, 2009, 08:27 PM
I think it's kind of lame because it's an old joke, exactly the same joke as in 2008.

In the bottom left of the page (scroll down) there's a thingy to choose the style, set it to "cleanv2" to get rid of the ugly colors.

lswartz
April 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
If the colors give you too much of a problem, you can also change your screen so you don't have to see them. Just go to System, Preferences, Assistive Technologies & click braille.

Polygon
April 2nd, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hoff!
http://www.xfire.com/

you see, thats funny, and its still possible to get stuff done on xfire.com with that theme

here, with the bright yellow and orange, it was impossible. I even had a few people stop and stare at my screen ( i was on my laptop in a busy area) to see what the hell i was doing on a bright orange site.

There is a fine line between 'funny' and 'annoying', and the orange/yellow theme crossed that line. I was trying search for some information on the ubuntu forums, but gave up because i was tired of highlighting topic titles and squinting to read text, inconveniencing me and who knows who else

its like saran-wrapping someone's car when they are having a bad day and they have to be somewhere in a hurry. Sure its funny..to them, but then to the person who now has to spend 10+ minutes getting the crap off their car, and then being late to wherever they were going, its not as funny. it just comes off as a jerk move.

Dr Small
April 2nd, 2009, 01:19 AM
Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: Yes

Giant Speck
April 2nd, 2009, 01:21 AM
Short Answer: Yes
Long Answer: Yes

Correct Answer: 42

smartboyathome
April 2nd, 2009, 01:25 AM
I am done with April Fools day. As the name suggests, fools celebrate it. If I get 1 more april fools day joke, my head may explode.

MasterNetra
April 2nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
I am done with April Fools day. As the name suggests, fools celebrate it. If I get 1 more april fools day joke, my head may explode.

Congratz you've won $10,000!

April Fools! :p

smartboyathome
April 2nd, 2009, 01:28 AM
Congratz you've won $10,000!

April Fools! :p

*kills you* :mad:

MasterNetra
April 2nd, 2009, 01:31 AM

Can't kill whats not alive. ;) :KS

Giant Speck
April 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Can't kill whats not alive. ;) :KS

What are you saying? You're the KDE star?

Mr. Picklesworth
April 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM

Too late, your head is exploding.

*Hah, fooled you!*
:/

MasterNetra
April 2nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
What are you saying? You're the KDE star?

Yes, exactly what I'm saying. I come from Planet KDE too. We are here make earth part of our Empire of the corporal and non-corporal life forms.

TBOL3
April 2nd, 2009, 02:32 AM

This is an automated responce by gmail's new autopilot email answering program. Typos, and spelling errors set to an all time high.

doorknob60
April 2nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
Missed the new forum thing you're talking about, oh well. My favorite joke today has been on Simtropolis, a SimCity fansite. You only see it if you're registered and logged in though. http://www.simtropolis.com/

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2487/screenshot01o.png
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5458/screenshot02g.png

Yeah, kinda suprised me and scared the crap outta me for a second, very nice joke :D It takes your profile info and uses all your info and puts it on the front page so it looks like everyone is seeing the same thing. Kinda like the danasoft.com banners but creepier and easier to belive :P