PDA

View Full Version : Not linux related - question on job hunting - your advice pls

listerdl
March 31st, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi, this forum is great as are the people posting here...

This is completely off-topic but I am looking for a new job. I am worried about sending my cv to companies - will they contact my current company? Such a gamble to take, especially in today's climate...

I mean, it would be very unprofessional is they did contact my company but i guess i have to take the risk....

THANKS - very off-topic i know!!!

Therion
March 31st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Indicate that you are "applying in confidence".

Translation: I'm job hunting and I don't need my current employer knowing about it, thank you very much.

Tomosaur
March 31st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi, this forum is great as are the people posting here...

This is completely off-topic but I am looking for a new job. I am worried about sending my cv to companies - will they contact my current company? Such a gamble to take, especially in today's climate...

I mean, it would be very unprofessional is they did contact my company but i guess i have to take the risk....

THANKS - very off-topic i know!!!

There's nothing wrong with asking them not to contact your current company - but they may want a reference from your employer at later stages if they're interested in you, so you may eventually have to let the cat out of the bag!

listerdl
April 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM
yeah i know....thanks for the advice...

Just im kinda worried that you get someone who starts firing off emails and making calls but i guess you have to state as Therion said, that this is being done in 'confidence' thanks for the advice!