PDA

View Full Version : Pissed at Google...

Excedio
March 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Is anyone else pissed off that Google chose the worst cell phone carrier?!?! Honestly, if they were on another carrier, I'd totally get one. But the fact that they chose t-mobile pisses me right off.

We should start a petition!! WHO'S WITH ME??

Skripka
March 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Grasshopper-

There is no "worst" cell carrier. They are all equally terrible.

KCG102282
March 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
T-mobile probably bid the highest amount thats how buisness works, but I dont use cell phones so who cares.

Excedio
March 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Grasshopper-

There is no "worst" cell carrier. They are all equally terrible.

I beg to differ. I really love my Verizon service. I can actually say that I have NEVER had a problem with them in 5 years of service.

71CH
March 30th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Are you kidding me? Tmobile is awesome. Love my G1 on Tmobile. Who wants to spend 90 bucks on verizon or att?

z.s.tar.gz
We should start a petition!!

lol. petition.

TBOL3
Actually, I don't think google stuck with any one carier. I think T-mobal was just the first to accept the G1. As far as I understand it, google just made the OS.

Excedio
T-mobile probably bid the highest amount thats how buisness works, but I dont use cell phones so who cares.

So is that a yes of no on the petition?

|Porsche
March 30th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I beg to differ. I really love my Verizon service. I can actually say that I have NEVER had a problem with them in 5 years of service.

Verizon sucks too. I am with Sprint and it sucks, but its the cheapest for what I need. I has Verizon before. Like that dude said...They all equally suck.

tubezninja
March 30th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Uhhh actually, the way I understand it, Google didn't chose any carrier to be the first to carry an Android phone. Being an "Open Handset Alliance" means that handset makers are (ostensibly) free to choose to use the OS and choose how to market the hardware it runs on.

So, strictly speaking, it was HTC that chose T-Mobile, and HTC that choose to use Android.

If other carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Sprint, Orange, etc.) don't have Android phones, it is the fault of manufacturers for not choosing to build and offer those handsets for sale. It's no more Google's fault that T-Mobile has the G1 than it is Ubuntu's fault that HP PCs don't come with Ubuntu installed instead of Microsoft Windows.

Google can't grant any exclusivity to any carrier in this. To deny this would mean that Android isn't exactly an "Open handset Alliance," and no "better" than the iPhone, now wouldn't it?

Skripka
March 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Verizon sucks too. I am with Sprint and it sucks, but its the cheapest for what I need. I has Verizon before. Like that dude said...They all equally suck.

This poster gets it.

Excedio
March 30th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Uhhh actually, the way I understand it, Google didn't chose any carrier to be the first to carry an Android phone. Being an "Open Handset Alliance" means that handset makers are (ostensibly) free to choose to use the OS and choose how to market the hardware it runs on.

So, strictly speaking, it was HTC that chose T-Mobile, and HTC that choose to use Android.

If other carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Sprint, Orange, etc.) don't have Android phones, it is the fault of manufacturers for now choosing to build and market those handsets. It's no more Google's fault than it is Ubuntus' fault that HP PCs don't come with Ubuntu installed instead of Microsoft.

Google can't grant any exclusivity to any carrier in this. To deny this would mean that Android isn't exactly an "Open handset Alliance," and no "better" than the iPhone, now wouldn't it?

Can we still petition?.........please?

SunnyRabbiera
March 30th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Me I like T-Mobile.
Customer service is quite good compared to the H3!! I experienced with AT&T and Verizon.

CraigPaleo
March 30th, 2009, 11:14 PM

It depends upon where you live and where you go. Where I live Sprint/Nextell sucks. Verison/Altel, T-mobile, and ATT are fine. When I had Sprint, I kept my phone on roam (I had free roaming, thank God!) When I got my iPhone, I found ATT had wonderful service around here. Unfortunatily, I got the iPhone when I was still a Mac user.

Apple went with ATT only because they were the only ones that would agree to Apple's requirements to control everything from pricing to advertisement. I'm really not that familiar with the Google phone but it could be that T-mobile was the only one to agree to Google's requirements.

tubezninja
March 30th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Can we still petition?.........please?

You're petitioning the wrong entity. But if you want to anyway, it's not like I can stop you. :) This will just be as effective as every other online petition I've seen.

Excedio
March 30th, 2009, 11:19 PM
You're petitioning the wrong entity. But if you want to anyway, it's not like I can stop you. :) This will just be as effective as every other online petition I've seen.

Good point......

.....after rethinking this...i've decided that we need to start more than one petition!! :D

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?

tubezninja
March 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
](*,)

Skripka
March 30th, 2009, 11:22 PM

I dunno-the petition to NASA to blow up the moon has been making headway...

earthpigg
March 30th, 2009, 11:26 PM
slightly off-topic:

how economical are pre-paid cell phones in the states?

is the price worth not having to deal with the asinine customer service of major American carriers?

any way to get Android going in a prepaid fashon?

gnomeuser
March 30th, 2009, 11:28 PM
If you want an unlocked G1.. why not acquire the G1 Dev phone, same thing but unlocked and enjoyable on carrier of preference.

CraigPaleo
March 30th, 2009, 11:28 PM
](*,)
Are you kissing the wall or beating your head against it?

Skripka
March 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM
slightly off-topic:

how economical are pre-paid cell phones in the states?

is the price worth not having to deal with the asinine customer service of major American carriers?

any way to get Android going in a prepaid fashon?

The cost of prepaid versus carrier ends up being a wash-at least, according to my math for my talking habits-in comparison to my (small) bit of the Sprint bill.

In my family plan, my useage only runs about $10/month of the bill. Yep, that low.

Skripka
March 30th, 2009, 11:30 PM
If you want an unlocked G1.. why not acquire the G1 Dev phone, same thing but unlocked and enjoyable on carrier of preference.

Only on GSM carrier of preference, remember-we folks in the states insist on having CDMA around--because you Yurpians cannot handle our Freedom Fries. ;)

KiwiNZ
March 30th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Better off talking to Google.
Pointless here